Tax Disputes with State and Federal Agencies
Real Estate Law
Joined Wild, Carter & Tipton
Before joining Wild, Carter & Tipton in 1986, Mr. Harris served as Assistant U.S. Attorney in Fresno.
Education / Background
Born in Fresno, California, Richard A. Harris has played an active role in the community. After graduating cum laude, from California State University, Fresno, Mr. Harris received his Juris Doctorate degree in 1972. In 1978, Mr. Harris attended the University of Florida where he received a Master of Law degree in taxation. Over the years, Mr. Harris has taught at San Joaquin College of Law, Fresno City College and has lectured for continuing education.
- Negotiating, mediating and litigating marital property, child custody and high-asset dissolution disputes.
- Complex Marital or Separate property characterization issues
- Preparation, interpretation or enforcement of prenuptial or post marital agreements
- Identification and location of marital assets (including concealed, undisclosed, or transferred property)
- Tax implications
- Valuation of marital businesses assets, investments and/or retirement accounts
- Extensive trial experience and assistance with other family law matters, including post- judgment modifications related to child custody, support and visitation.
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders and Issues
BUSINESS TRANSACTION AND LITIGATION
- Business Contracts, Transactions and Litigation
- Commercial Building Litigation
- Entity Formation and Dissolution
- Wills, Trusts, Power of Attorney, and Advanced Medical Directives
Member / Associations
Mr. Harris is a member of the Bar of the United States Supreme Court, various United District Courts and the State of California.